A healthy lifestyle is the single best step you can take toward naturally keeping your immune system strong and healthy. Every system in your body, including the immune system, functions better when you consume a wide variety of plants, especially green vegetables.
This is a super simple salad that's packed with vitamins, minerals, fibre and healthy fats. We recommend adding a protein source like salmon, chicken or beans and lentils to keep it plant-based.
If you enjoy making this salad, make sure to tag us (@yourwellnesscollective.ie) on Instagram. We love to see our followers prepare our healthy recipes!
- 1 avocado, peeled, cut into cubes
- 2 bunches parsley, roughly chopped, around 30g
- 60g cooked quinoa
- 1⁄2 cucumber, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 courgette, cut into cubes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 130g mixed seeds and nuts, to garnish
1. In a medium bowl, add parsley, avocado, quinoa, cucumber, courgette, and onion and toss to combine.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon, season with salt and pepper, then mix to combine and serve sprinkled with nuts and seeds.